The Audio-Technica ATW-1102 System 10 is a digital wireless handheld microphone system featuring an ATW-R1100 tabletop receiver. The portable system is well suited for quick setup in educational facilities, conference rooms, small venues, and houses of worship as well as web broadcast studios.
The easy-to-use system comes preconfigured at the factory, ready to operate right out of the box with no setup required. Three levels of diversity reception and automatic frequency selection provide seamless, reliable performance with clear digital audio for presenters, lecturers, clergy, and performers.
The ATW-1102 includes a handheld transmitter with an integrated hypercardioid dynamic microphone capsule. The transmitter provides up to 7 hours of continuous use with two AA batteries, at a maximum range of 100'. For setups with multiple presenters, up to 8 mic channels can operate simultaneously in the same space.
- The System 10 offers full-bandwidth, 24-bit/48 kHz digital audio with none of the audio artifacts associated with analog companding.
- The rugged handheld transmitter features an integrated dynamic microphone capsule that delivers a natural sound optimized for speech intelligibility.
- The mic's hypercardioid polar pattern focuses audio capture tightly on the subject directly in front of the mic, minimizing background noise and feedback.
- Just power up the components, and the receiver automatically seeks out a clean frequency and pairs up with the transmitter, saving you the hassle of scanning and syncing.
- While in use, the system continually monitors activity in the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi range and automatically switches to a clean frequency to avoid interference if necessary.
Portable Receiver Chassis
- The tabletop receiver chassis features lightweight, plastic housing designed to let you stack multiple receivers on top of each other for convenience.
- The chassis' front-panel LEDs show pairing statuses and warn you if the transmitter's input level is set too high and causing distortion.
- A System ID number display indicates which transmitter is associated with a given receiver.
- Rear-panel connections include balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4" output connections as well as an output level control.
Lightweight Handheld Transmitter
- The transmitter is housed in a lightweight, plastic chassis.
- An internal input trim control can be set—using the included screwdriver—to match the volume of your speaker or vocalist for distortion-free input.
- With just a quick press, the power switch on the transmitter doubles as a mute function. This function can be locked out to prevent an accident.
Pairing Multiple Transmitters
- With this peer-to-peer system, the transmitter can only transmit to one receiver at a time. However, up to 8 transmitters can be paired with a receiver ahead of time. This is useful in situations when you have multiple speakers, one after another, and you need to have them miked up and ready to go. All you'll have to do is turn one transmitter Off and the next one On.
- Space Diversity: The receiver compares the signal showing up at its two antennas and chooses the strongest one.
- Time Diversity: The transmitter sends the digital signal in two imperceptibly different time slots and compares the two.
- Frequency Diversity: The digital audio is sent over two different frequencies at the same time and the system chooses the cleaner one.
For optimal performance, users are encouraged to maintain as direct a line of sight as possible between the transmitter and receiver.
2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Band
- Unlike traditional analog wireless systems, the System 10 operates in the 2.4 GHz ISM band, away from interruptions and dropouts caused by TV and radio channel interference.
- Audio-Technica offers the ATW-T1001 bodypack transmitter with a variety of lavalier and headset microphone options to adapt your System 10 PRO as your needs evolve.
- The MT830cW lavalier mic allows for hands-free presentations and features an omnidirectional polar pattern for consistent pickup even when the talent turns away from the mic.
- The AT831cW mini cardioid lavalier mic offers a narrower, feedback-resistant pickup pattern for louder events.
- The discrete PRO-92cW earset mic provides improved clarity in spoken word applications.
- The AT-GcW guitar cable lets you connect the bodypack transmitter to a guitar or bass.
- The ATW-T1006 boundary transmitter/mic is designed for tabletop use, ideal for applications such as video-conferencing where minimum visibility is required.
- The ATW-T1007 base transmitter can be used with a gooseneck mic on a table for situations where wired mics are impractical.